Interested in participating in the program? Take a look through our website or facebook page at a few of our result group events. The included image summarizes what you need to know about what it take to qualify for the follow.
Talent Search Students:
• reside in a home or household where neither parent has received a bachelor's degree.
• live in a household that meet TRIO Talent Search income guidelines, according to the Bureau of the Census of the U.S. Department of Commerce.
• have completed 5th grade and are at least 11 years old.
• would benefit from educational support to succeed in school at Kankakee Junior High School, Kankakee High School, or St. Anne Community High School.
• have the desire to succeed in junior high, high school, and college.
• possess potential and interest in pursuing a college education.
"What if you don't meet all of the requirements?"
Although this list represnts the requirements for admission as defnined by the Department of Education, there are exceptions. If you, or your student(s), do not meet each of the requirements, you may likely still qualify for admission in to the program.
"Can anyone else participate?
Students with disabilities, who are homeless, or in foster care (and those aging out of the system) are encouraged to apply. Similarly, veterans and those persons that have not earned a high school diploma or GED may qualify.
Plus our services are free to program students. Too good to be true? No way! Make it a reality by completing the application form embed below.